Looking for ideas to dress up this St. Patrick’s day? Why not…
-Dye your hair (temporarily) green with food colouring >> see here
-Paint your nails green! Or if you’re really talented
-Paint a clover on your face!
-Accessorize in green. Green scarf, green hat, green jewellery. St. Patrick’s day is the one day you can get away with it.
Share your St. Patrick’s photos with us on Instagram
And here… here’s 5 FUN FACTS ABOUT ST. PATRICK’S DAY :
– St. Patrick was actually born in Britain and taken prisoner by Irish raiders before escaping.
– The first St. Patrick’s Day parade took place in Boston.
– Newfoundland is the only province in which St. Patrick’s Day is a statutory holiday.
– The traditional colour associated with St. Patrick is blue; not green.
– Traditionally Catholics lifted the prohibition against eating meat (during Lent) so that people could feast on St. Patrick’s Day